Reading time: 2 – 4 minutes
Hello everyone and Happy Holidays!
I haven’t posted in a long time due to other work in which I am involved. I will share this “other work” with you in my next post.
I sincerely hope all of you have had a productive and successful 2011. If you have struggled in 2011, let me know, perhaps I can share some ideas for success.
Recently, I have had some individual questions about Strategic Planning. This is normal for this time of the year as company leaders look to 2012. One problem with a blog is that it is not easy to navigate to earlier posts on a particular subject. So, to tell someone to go look at the Strategy section of my blog is not really an easy solution to their problem. This is especially true for subject matter that is treated in a series of posts…which I tend to do. To make it easier to see the series in order, I have listed the posts below. Simply click on the links to see the post.
- Getting from A to E www.medicaldevicesuccess.com/2010/11/18/getting-from-a-to-e/
- Qualitative Benefits of Strategic Planning www.medicaldevicesuccess.com/2010/11/18/qualitative-benefits-of-strategic-planning/
- Elements of the Strategic Marketing and Sales Plan www.medicaldevicesuccess.com/2010/11/18/elements-of-the-strategic-marketing-and-sales-plan/
- Data – The first Strategic Planning Element www.medicaldevicesuccess.com/2010/11/29/data-the-first-strategic-planning-element/
- Assumptions www.medicaldevicesuccess.com/2010/12/03/assumptions-–-defy-the-old-saying-that-results-in-“ass-u-me”/
- SWOT Analysis www.medicaldevicesuccess.com/2010/12/08/avoid-needing-a-swat-team-with-a-good-swot-analysis/
- Key Strategic Goals www.medicaldevicesuccess.com/2010/12/17/key-strategic-goals-–-making-the-commitment-for-the-year-ahead/
- The difference between Strategies and Tactics www.medicaldevicesuccess.com/2011/01/04/critical-the-difference-between-strategies-and-tactics/
- Key Strategies and Supporting Tactics www.medicaldevicesuccess.com/2011/01/08/key-strategies-and-supporting-tactics-–-turning-talk-into-action/
10. From the Strat Plan to the Budget www.medicaldevicesuccess.com/2011/01/29/“there-is-nothing-quite-as-wonderful-as-money“-from-the-strategic-plan-to-the-annual-budget/
Hopefully, most of you are already in control of your 2012 plans. If not, the posts listed above may help you get on track. Don’t fall into the trap of being tactical. Sure, exhibiting at a particular trade show is a no brainer. But it should be tied to a strategy that gives the trade show purpose. And, being part of a strategy may move you to get more out of you activities at the exhibit.
Plan and execute! Good luck as you prepare for 2012!
Finally, if you think any of you friends in the medical device world would benefit from this series, please forward this email to them.